Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Travelogue

I am leaving for a Trek in the Himalayas in a Few hours from now and am pretty excited about it !

Am part of a Youth Hostel Team that will trek that Yankar Pass and so on. So for a few days this will become a Travelogue.

Leaving by the Dadar - Amritsar Express, that is anything but an express and will take almost 34 hours to take us from Dadar to Ambala. The Next leg of it is completely unplanned, as we will move from Ambala towards Chandigarh -> Shimla -> Kullu -> Kasol. Kasol is only a few kilometeres short of Manikaran known for it Hot Water Springs, and is a popular Sikh Pilgrimage. Another Road from Kullu takes one to the more famous Manali, Hill Station!

At Kasol, we are to report at the Youth Hostel Base Camp, from where we are at their Mercy ;)

Current state is the Photo Alongside:


I mostly will not have access to internet while I am there, so much of the remaining will be posted as one after I return !

So long ...

Or as they say: in Hindi Cartoons :
Alvida ..... Yarron !

2 comments:

Sangram said...

well Shantanu, waiting eagerly for your "pravas varnan" ! I am sure you have had a memorable trip !

Katha Collage said...

hey read ur blog today! Nice work..do post on ur Himachal trek.
Abt my blog's title, well it suits me n my personality the best..and thts my childhood nickname too :))! keep blogging, its fun.