Saturday, March 24, 2007

Why I left the LT at 44/3 ...

Over the years, I have come to realise that India cant win when Sachin doesnt play.

Obviously, like any fan of Sachin, I have heard a lot of things about how, no longer can he win matches, how he hasnt played any inning of importance for long. how he is a ghost of what he was and is highly over-rated and tons of other things you had to say to me!

But I knew the instant that Tendulkar was out - this was to be script that i had often seen in the past.
Indian cricket team- other than one lucky Lords' evening - cant win a match [especially while chasing] when Sachin doesnt play atleast a supporting role.
My heart breaks for this man , if this turns out to be his last match in a World Cup!

Thus I knew it the instant, that he was out, India isnt winning this match & the irony of the situation will be that Sachin will be blamed for non-performance and the team's failure.

Hate the 10 other woMen in Blue !

5 comments:

Tejas Kulkarni said...

My heart breaks for that man too! :(
:((

Shantanu said...

@tejas & others:
A comment on IITB newsgroup -

Also, Gangal, I have never seen a Ghati who doesn't
think Sachin is God. So I can understand your
reasoning :P

Metallica bhakt! said...

chill itz jst a goddamn game!!

Metallica bhakt! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shantanu said...

@sweet angel -
Cricket might just be a game.
The Man is much more!