Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sold Out!

Falling in line, with Deja News (Google Groups), Blogger, Picasa, del.icio.us, Orkut and some more, I have sold my Blog and hence my Soul to the coffers of Google!
Henceforth, a couple of Google Ads will feature on this blog, and Google promises to pay me some loose change, in case people click on them.
So its an earnest request, that you view the sites that Google thinks are relevant to my blog, links of which appear on the top banner of this blog.
While I had made a deliberate attempt to veer clear of Google running my life, at every instant from GMail to GTalk to Orkut to Picasa to Blogspot ... Sangram told me how lucrative the whole thing is. And since Google is privy to all my mail, [orkut] Crushes ;), and so on, I might as well, get paid for it.

Pata nahi - Frankly it was a very tough mental choice, though trivial.

On a hand, this Blog although publicly readable, is something that I regard as a pretty personal notepad. I often take pains, to change the template of the blog to suit my taste. As a result, granting the machines at Google, the access to decide what goes on my blog, was like splattering fliers for Dog Biscuits, on a lovingly designed kennel (France effect - Dogs abound).
On similar lines, I never ask someone to explicitly visit my blog, don't publicize it (other than a 1 line mention on my homepage & Orkut profile), don't send out new post notifications. Everyone who comes here, does so with free will and implicitly asking them to visit the Google Ads, seems worse than doing the above things, which I don't.

Anyway, very humanly, the greed for supplementing my Intern Income ;) got over me at that instant and hence, if you may, please visit the advertisements linked above and help share Google's wealth among the less fortunate, who religiously practice the religion called Googling and more so, turn more people faithful, everyday.
If Jesus can provide for the Bread and Wine, so can Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Cheers to it!

4 comments:

SaiK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SaiK said...

this one really ??? ... havent seen an add till now :-? ... seems ur conscience took over lately :P

Anonymous said...

i missed it in the first look :P

Shantanu said...

@Sai or SaiK ;) :-
Koi nahi, ab click kar do :D!