Sunday, February 08, 2009

Debate!

Life is general has been good to me in the last few months. (I hope I don't have to regret it though .. )
NLS Quarters, Bro came, Mihir got married, Got placed, Dada got married a few times over :P and to top it off - CAT results (Here and others)!! Eventhough just before the results came out, I had realized that my performance was better than I earlier thought, the actual result was unexpected.
The past month (****!! Its a month already) has been a blur. It was heartening to know that so many people genuinely care about you and take efforts to wish you well. While a thank you is
definitely called for (and procrastinated) this post isn't about that.
Its about:





BCGIIMs
+ Great Job+ Good Formal Education now
+ Firang MBA later+ Relatively cheap (fees)
+ Job in otherwise bad times+ Land a job when the good times return
- Have to continue education when times turn- Lose out on Intl. exposure

I have left it at even keel at the moment though I have a few reasons on either side :D but (to the few people who read this) I want to hear from you - What according to you is the best course of action?!

10 comments:

Sangram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shantanu said...

@Sangram: The post wasn't a regret. The premature joy was - given the mail that we all know off :-(

Sangram said...

Hmm ...

Sangram said...

"Was that post pointed to by regret, a regret?" -- question which was deleted earlier -- for the records.

Tejas Kulkarni said...

BCG. Strongly! My enthu for MBA is reducing day by day :|

Anonymous said...

cs at iit b
100 percentile in cat
first job associate at bcg
you are superman

Shantanu said...

@tejas: तथास्तु!!
@Anon: atleast sign :P but thanks!

Pratik Poddar said...

If you are counting the votes..BCG...

You can anyways do MBA from Harvard later :)

daman said...

I can only say ... do whatever your heart says ....bcoz most of the times ur heart is right .. it's better to do things which u enjoy rather than doing conventional ones ...

Shantanu said...

@Poddar: Thanks :P
@Daman: Thats much easier said than done !! :D